After I get back my midterm 1 paper, I found that I stated the WRONG P(n) for each problem, and TA deducte one mark for each, that is, 3 marks, 20% in total...SAD FACE, weighed so much. However, then I looked through slides and class notes very carefully, to check out what I have done wrong. Eventually I realized that when we state the P(n) for a problem, we should not include "for every n belongs to natural numbers"(or something like that), because that is what we going to prove, and if we already stated that out, nothing left out for us. In other hand, isn't it strange to say in the induction step: assume for every n belong to natural number, P(n) is true? that is, if we already stated then why we assume again?
A good thing is from this midterm, I learned that I should be more attentive when study those class slides.
No comments:
Post a Comment